Marriage - The Karaite Noahide View
ANM Videos Bible
2016-01-25 06:52:53 UTC
'MARRIAGE - A ONE FLESH RELATIONSHIP'
The Rainbow Torah records Adam and Eve becoming one flesh as husband and wife. In fact, a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife and the two shall be one flesh.
Marriage between a man and a woman is a fundamental and natural human relationship. When we are born into the world from a very young age there is a yearning to be close with people, and it is in the union of marriage upon a suitable age that the most defining of life's relationships can arise. Marriage between man and woman can bring children - more people in the human race. Certainly, children can be born outside of the marital relationship, but when marriage occurs, strengthened by the bonds of commitment and love, a happier home for children ensues, one in which they can be taught traditional family values and become pillars in their society. Haven stresses the 'Normality' of the choice of marriage and that, in most circumstances, this should be the normal choice a human being would make for their life upon a suitable age. Certainly, we are of the opinion that many people choose to remain single throughout their lives, feeling marriage is not for them. We do not condemn such choices, and respect people's fundamental human right not to marry if they so choose. But we do strongly recommend marriage and stress that it should be considered the 'Usual' or 'Normal' course of action for a human being upon becoming mature enough to marry. Marriage is intended to be an important union between man and woman, is a fundamental aspect of the Rainbow Bible, and Haven Noahide Fellowship upholds and maintains this tradition completely. Marriage rites and ceremonies can be determined by the individual's marrying, but there is no problem in national customs in marriage being followed by members of Haven Noahide Fellowship. Marriage is shown as a one flesh relationship in Genesis 1:24 which reads 'Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.' Further, there is the idea in the Rainbow Torah that a man can marry more than one wife. Genesis 4:19 reads 'And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.' Lamech had children to both Adah and Zillah, so this appears to be a normal choice for a man to make as well. It is generally important that a man be able to support his wife or wives, as men have been given responsibility to rule over their wife or wives, as per Genesis 3:16 which reads, 'Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.'

http://karaitenoahide.angelfire.com
Elijahovah
2016-01-25 18:50:36 UTC
The marriage is a commitment between two people man and wife not a third demon to legalize it as government king church or priest. The 3rd party intended to be witness is instead a demon who decides whether outsiders should regard them as married or not. GOD does not act this way. Demons do. Rid the demonic system, no contract signed by love from the heart needs a 3rd witness, if a contract between any two people cannot be kept, then the 3rd witness isn't really going to help the two people. Too easy for greed tempting the witness to side with profit benefits.