Was "Pastor" Russell a Liar?
Annointed Remnant
2015-03-21 13:08:04 UTC
Yes.
During court testimony Russell was asked, "Do you know the Greek alphabet?"
Russell replied, "Oh yes."
When presented with Greek letters in court, Russell could not identify them.
Then he was asked, "Are you familiar with the Greek language?"
Russell replied, "No."

Russell was a liar and a charlatan.
ResLight
2016-02-25 15:26:41 UTC
Post by Annointed Remnant
Yes.
During court testimony Russell was asked, "Do you know the Greek alphabet?"
Russell replied, "Oh yes."
When presented with Greek letters in court, Russell could not identify them.
Then he was asked, "Are you familiar with the Greek language?"
Russell replied, "No."
Russell was a liar and a charlatan.
At least the above does not twist the facts and misrepresent Russell as did J. J. Ross in his book: Some Facts and More Facts About "Pastor" Russell.

Brother Russell had already stated that he had not been schooled in Greek, and he attempted, but was not permitted, to tell how he made use of works of Bible scholars. He was familiar enough with the Greek alphabet to make use of such works, but the above leaves out some of the questions and Russell's responses:

Question: "You don't profess, then, to be schooled in the Latin language?"

Answer: "No, Sir."

Question: "Or in Greek?"

Answer: "No, Sir."

Question: "Do you know the Greek alphabet?"

Answer: "Oh, Yes."

Question: "Can you tell me the correct letters if you see them?"

Answer: "Some of them, I might make a mistake on some of them."

Question: "Would you tell me the names of the letters of those on the top of the page, page 447 I have got here [from Westcott and Hort]?"

Answer: "Well, I don't know that I would be able to."

Question: "You can't tell what those letters are, look at them and see if you know."

Answer: "My way ..." [At this point he was interrupted by the court and not allowed to explain.]

For more related to this, see my research:
http://ctr-rlbible.com/?cat=67
Annointed Remnant
2016-02-28 13:56:06 UTC
In article <f4054ab8-4d2d-4496-aa19-***@googlegroups.com>, ResLight
says...
Yes. =20
During court testimony Russell was asked, "Do you know the Greek alphabet=
?"
Russell replied, "Oh yes."
When presented with Greek letters in court, Russell could not identify th=
em.=20
Then he was asked, "Are you familiar with the Greek language?"
Russell replied, "No."
=20
[...]
Any kid who has gone to school knows 'some' of the Greek alphabet. This is more
evidence that Russell was never educated in anything involving the Bible. His
off-the-cuff religion was a creation of a nutcase. Anyone, anywhere can say God
told them __________. (Fill in the blank.) The internet is full of these
nutcases who all believe God is leading them in the true path of righteousness.
http://ctr-rlbible.com/?cat=3D67