Went To the Convention in Chilliwack
Greg Carr
2015-07-07 00:05:50 UTC
Went to the convention in Chilliwack with about 4k other Witnesses and the curious. No protestors this time around. One new magazine one new book and a DVD. Governing Body member David Splain talked at one point and met a long line of well wishers at the end.
Annointed Remnant
2015-07-07 16:55:18 UTC
In article <5fd8bfce-603b-4d4b-97e5-***@googlegroups.com>, Greg Carr
says...
Went to the convention in Chilliwack with about 4k other Witnesses and the =
curious. No protestors this time around. One new magazine one new book and =
a DVD. Governing Body member David Splain talked at one point and met a lon=
g line of well wishers at the end.
Did you have trouble keeping awake? I used to volunteer for the 'attendance
department' to keep from falling asleep. What's really funny, is when our
congregation would have a recap of the convention a couple weeks later and ask
for audience participation, only to learn that very few actually remembered any
of it.
Verooo~
2015-07-07 23:22:32 UTC
They don't remember a fucking thing, their minds go blank. They don't have to think just go to the meetings to be org saved.
Greg Carr
I admit to having a few micro sleeps during the convention happens every time I go. :-)
Justin Kase
2015-07-10 08:24:16 UTC
Post by Greg Carr
Post by Annointed Remnant
says...
Went to the convention in Chilliwack with about 4k other Witnesses and the =
curious. No protestors this time around. One new magazine one new book and =
a DVD. Governing Body member David Splain talked at one point and met a lon=
g line of well wishers at the end.
Did you have trouble keeping awake? I used to volunteer for the 'attendance
department' to keep from falling asleep. What's really funny, is when our
congregation would have a recap of the convention a couple weeks later and ask
for audience participation, only to learn that very few actually remembered any
of it.
I admit to having a few micro sleeps during the convention happens every time I go. :-)
I remember people talking about how boring those conventions were.
--
"With or without religion, you would have good people
doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
~Steven Weinberg, quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999~
Annointed Remnant
2015-07-11 02:50:55 UTC
Post by Justin Kase
Post by Greg Carr
Post by Annointed Remnant
says...
Went to the convention in Chilliwack with about 4k other Witnesses and the =
curious. No protestors this time around. One new magazine one new book and =
a DVD. Governing Body member David Splain talked at one point and met a lon=
g line of well wishers at the end.
Did you have trouble keeping awake? I used to volunteer for the 'attendance
department' to keep from falling asleep. What's really funny, is when our
congregation would have a recap of the convention a couple weeks later and ask
for audience participation, only to learn that very few actually remembered any
of it.
I admit to having a few micro sleeps during the convention happens every time I go. :-)
I remember people talking about how boring those conventions were.
They are nothing more than old fashion fundamentalist revivals, but without the
shouting and weeping confessions. Cult members can become complacent and
apathetic over time, so the conventions are designed to spur them on to greater
expectations, but just like other fundamentalist Christian revivals, the effect
soon wears off.
LashLarue ~~~~
2015-08-11 00:11:58 UTC
Post by Annointed Remnant
Post by Justin Kase
I remember people talking about how boring those conventions were.
They are nothing more than old fashion fundamentalist revivals, but without the
shouting and weeping confessions. Cult members can become complacent and
apathetic over time, so the conventions are designed to spur them on to greater
expectations, but just like other fundamentalist Christian revivals, the effect
soon wears off.
That's true come to think of it.
--
For many years the Awake magazine said this as part of their forward:

"... magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and
secure world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

Just another lie... How many lies do active JWs have to hear before they
wake
up and smell the coffee? Everyone who was old enough to see the events of
1914
is long DEAD!

Does the WTBTS apologize for lying? Never. They simply continue on as if
their
prophecies never happened, and the JDubs follow along with rings in their
noses
waiting for their promised paradise.